Sunday, April 15, 2012

Week 15 of Craft project a week: Little girl's patchwork skirt and top

I absolutely love this little girl's patchwork skirt and matching top that I've made this week. It did cause me a little of heartache making it though. In fact, if I hadn't been making it for my friend's daughter for her birthday party the following day I think I would've given up on it completely. The top was relatively easy to make but the skirt required lots of gathering (something that is not my strong point at all!) Luckily, my ever wonderful husband came to the rescue and pinned the gathered tiers together for me.

The completed top.

It's amazing how a little bit of rick rack, ribbon, buttons and material put together can look so good. Apart from the flowers which are circles of material gathered together, it's all pretty basic stitching.

A close up of the top

I'm so glad I perserved with the skirt though. Now that I have sewn one I feel a lot more confident sewing another one for Esme. I'm off to make her the top now actually...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails