Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Raspberry and Coconut Muffins

Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Soy-free


Now that Jacob is on a gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free diet, you'll probably be seeing quite a few recipe posts like this as I experiment with new recipes.  As soon as I saw the recipe for these muffins I knew I wanted to make them.  The original recipe is dairy-free but not gluten-free so I had to make some adjustments.  Replacing the wheat flour with GF flour (we make our mix of GF flour using rice flour, potato flour and tapioca flour) was easy enough.  But I also halved the recipe and added an extra egg so it wouldn't be so crumbly with the gluten-free flour. Here's my adjusted recipe...

Raspberry and Coconut Muffins

Ingredients
1 cup GF flour 
1/2 cup castor sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup coconut cream
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 cup raspberries

Method
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.  
Put everything except for the raspberries and shredded coconut into a bowl and mix really well.  
Add the raspberries and coconut and mix gently until just combined.
Spoon into patty pans and cook in oven until brown and a skewer comes out clean.  
Leave in tin for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool.  

Enjoy!

I don't particularly like the texture of GF flour but I didn't have a problem with these muffins.  I think the coconut cream made them really moist and not dry like gluten-free things tend to be. Next time I make them I will try substituting the castor sugar with 1/4 cup coconut sugar instead so there's not so much processed sugar in them. 
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails