Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week 44 & 45 of Craft Project a week: Pay it Forward Challenge Part 1


A while ago on facebook (when I was actually on facebook) there was a 'Pay it Forward' challenge going round.  The idea behind it was to do something nice for someone else and make something special for them (the item had to be handmade, it could not be purchased, and it had to be done by the end of the year).  The first 5 people to comment on your post would receive something handmade by you.  I made some Ergo suck pads for one friend earlier this year but was a bit stuck with what to make the other four.  It's taken me almost all of the year but I finally worked out what I wanted to make.
 
A close up of the bird applique
I loved the idea of making wheat bags for everyone - something that everyone would use at some stage.  But I thought plain old wheat bags would be a bit boring.  Then I had the great idea that I could put a little applique design on my wheat bags.  My first attempt didn't work so well (I did some flowers on a bag which I wasn't happy with - Esme ended up with that as a pillow for her dolls which she was pretty happy with!)  but I'm quite happy with how these ones have turned out. 

I have an idea for my next two wheat bags but you shall have to wait and see what that is ;) 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails